Snow!
Pictures of snow from San Jose Mercury News
Ok, so in Santa Cruz it was technically pea to gumball size hail, but it accumulated to about 2 inches at my house, Friday night, and was still mostly around Saturday morning, and in shady areas, still around Saturday afternoon. The snow level did go down to about 1200 feet, low enough to make the mountains visible from my neighboorhood white. I have a couple of pictures, but they were taken with a phone and I need to replace my porch light, so with only the flash they didn't turn out that good. I'll try to salvage a couple tomorrow and post them. I was wanting to go to the city for at least a day trip this weekend, but didn't becuase of the weather. Judging from the papers this morning, that was a good decision, with a 28 car pile up just north of the Golden Gate on Saturday. Santa Cruz also set a new record low maximum temperature for today. (Unfortunately, I wasn't looking to the tv screen when the weather person said this, so I don't know what it was.)
I hear the midwest is having some bad weather too, so hope everyone reading this in that area is keeping warm.
Ok, so in Santa Cruz it was technically pea to gumball size hail, but it accumulated to about 2 inches at my house, Friday night, and was still mostly around Saturday morning, and in shady areas, still around Saturday afternoon. The snow level did go down to about 1200 feet, low enough to make the mountains visible from my neighboorhood white. I have a couple of pictures, but they were taken with a phone and I need to replace my porch light, so with only the flash they didn't turn out that good. I'll try to salvage a couple tomorrow and post them. I was wanting to go to the city for at least a day trip this weekend, but didn't becuase of the weather. Judging from the papers this morning, that was a good decision, with a 28 car pile up just north of the Golden Gate on Saturday. Santa Cruz also set a new record low maximum temperature for today. (Unfortunately, I wasn't looking to the tv screen when the weather person said this, so I don't know what it was.)
I hear the midwest is having some bad weather too, so hope everyone reading this in that area is keeping warm.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home